Subscribe to my Crafty newsletter

https://www.artsybohemian.com/

Saturday, March 1, 2008

New links....

hola, como estas? muy bien y tu?
Yes, well I will be adding new links as I find them and one of late is my first wire teacher who I never thought would have a web site. She has been out of the teaching circuit for a couple years and I missed her and was soooo excited to see she has a web site. Check out lynnemerchant.com. LYnne is THE wire queen!!! No one comes close to her emmaculate shaping, imagination and manipulation of wire. I believe she was the catalyst for the whole wire jewelry craze we see now but has some how been forgotten and not thanked. If you are a wire jewelry artist and have never taken a class with Lynne, chances are your teacher learned from her with out you knowing it. She has been twisting silver since the 70's and teaching for I don't know how long. Any way, this is my way of saying thanks to Lynne and I always tell any one I show how to bend that I learned from Lynne. It's always good karma and just the right thing to do to acknowledge your teachers. Some of the best wire jewelry books out there right now have some of her work in them including Susan Lenart Kazmers new booK: Making Connections. I HIGHLY reccomend this book. SO awesome! Okay Karen, I think I have fulfilled my blog entry obligation. he,he...I will be uploading some new jewelry photos soon too!!

1 comment:

Recycled Rita said...

I'm watching alright!hee hee! Your doing great! karen...